BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Strangely Beautiful


It seems like as if it was just yesterday when I landed for the first time in this country. Miles away from home knowing there was no turning back. I had packed all my dreams and ambitions along with my luggage completely unaware of what was in store for me.

Every day was new and perplexing. From unpredictable weather to astonishing beauty of the nature, from strangers greeting you with a smile to bus service with no conductors, simply everything around was exhilarating.

I was so excited that I almost forgot what I had left behind. Slowly I started getting a hang of my new life. I met so many people along the way. Some came really close and others remained acquaintance. Had countless laughs, some exciting trips and a lot of cooking.

Got to learn to be more independent, learnt value of mom’s cooked food which I would have criticised I don’t know how many times, learnt how important siblings are even though we fought almost every day and how important friends support is.

It’s been over 4 years now. Nothing much has changed or is new except few sad goodbyes, few close people becoming acquaintances and few ongoing lost and found friends. Overall this journey has been strangely beautiful.

I still get amazed at things around me. This journey wasn't a piece of cake but I still consider myself lucky. It’s not perfect for sure but hey who doesn't have complaints.

With all the bad experiences I got better and with all the good ones life got worth every jiffy. Though I still have far to go as I am not close to my goals yet and my bucket list is still not ticked off. I am ready to wait a little more and live my present.

It’s lonely at times and at times I seek isolation and its’ not funny. I have learnt the importance of small things in life but most importantly I have learnt to value my family. I have learnt how life can be unpredictable and we should not take anything or anyone for granted specially our dear ones.

Yesterday is your best teacher and there is always a tomorrow to live for.I must confess that after everything it was and still is strangely beautiful... 

0 comments: